Console based Word Processor

A difficult thing to ask for in today's GUI world.
I am looking for a simple light weight console app
(non GUI) word processor,  something like the good
old WordStar (and such relics of yesteryears).

Should be able to do formatting of text with  left
and right justification, setting of left and right
margins, text alignment (left, right and centre).

Preferentially should be able to save text in pure
ASCII.

Additional features, if present, welcome.

Anybody using one, or can guide me to any ?

USM Bish