Apps Crashing a Lot
I moved to Linux to get away from the
unstability of windoze, but I get an
awful lot of apps crashing with Linux.
The operating system itself seems stable,
but not the apps.
I'm running stormix hail, based on the latest
Debian potato release.
- gnome desktop totally locked up on me once.
No idea how to get out of it except to reboot machine.
ouch! Too much like win98.
- gnome control center crashes a lot.
- netscape crashes, but I guess that's well known
- xmms just disappears occasionally or locks up.
- xcdroast closed each time I tried to burn a CD.
Had to resort to windoze - god did I hate that.
Updating via apt-get scares me because some packages
update a common library (too much like over writing
common dll's in windoze).
so after updating a few packages, how do I know other
apps are still stable if they were depending on another
- greg strockbine