Re: Reading Sun disks/backup tapes on a Debian system

> Does anyone have information about how one might read Sun-format
> (ufsdump) backup tapes or, alternatively, ufs-format disks on a Debian
> system?

You could try to restore the tape with the restore command on a your
Debian system (it's included in the dump package), I know the syntax is
more or less the same as the ufsrestore command on solaris but I'm not
sure they are compatible.

It's possible to mount an ufs partition on GNU/Linux if you've a kernel
with ufs support.

regards,

--
Staf Wagemakers