VCG Visualization of Compiler Graphs?

I came across a gpl'd program:

http://www.cs.uni-sb.de/RW/users/sander/html/gsvcg1.html

Quote from the site:

The VCG tool reads a textual and readable specification of a graph and visualizes the graph. If not all positions of nodes are fixed, the tool layouts the graph using several heuristics as reducing the number of crossings, minimizing the size of edges, centering of nodes. The specification language of the VCG tool is nearly compatible to GRL, the language of the edge tool, but contains many extensions. The VCG tool allows folding of dynamically or statically specified regions of the graph. It uses colors and runs on X11
and MS Windows 3.1. (An older version runs on Sunview).

Has anyone used this program and/or has it ever been packaged for debian? I looked in potato and slink and could not find it. Although the site seems to have not been updated recently, perhaps it would be a good program to package. I'll download and compile it, see if it is useable, etc....