Re: Sl-stormpkg: where is libdpkg.so.0?

Jeff Green <jeff@cricket.org> wrote:

> Point your browser in the general direction of www.debian.org
> look down the left hand side of the page for the Debian Packages link
> under distributions
> in the second search box type in your desired package name
> then BINGO
> it will reveal all (or at least it will if you hit the search button)
> Jeff

Thanks for the tip.  I always seem to forget the obvious.  I attribute it to old age - that's my
excuse anyway.

The interesting thing is that the sl-stormpkg package does not include Gaby (libdpkg.so.0) as a
dependancy and, consequently, sl-stormpkg installs without a murmur and then won't run.  Having
installed Gaby it still won't run and fails with an 'undefined symbol'.  I have now removed both
packages as I was only mildly interested.

> > Andras Simonyi <simka@ludens.elte.hu> wrote:
> >
> > > Dear listmembers,
> > > I've installed sl-stormpkg_1.0-1_i386.deb from storm's website, but
> > > stormpkg complains about not finding libdpkg.so.0 . In which package
> > > can I find this library?
> > >
> > > TIA:
> > >      Andras Simonyi, running Debian Potato
> >
> > You're not the only one!  I haven't been able to find that library either.
> >
> > Barry Samuels

Barry Samuels