Re: Proposal for Hardware Autodetection

Hi, Paulo Henrique Baptista de Oliveira.

> I have a website in Brazil (www.olinux.com.br) OLinux with news,
> programs, security, programming, interviews, games sections at one of the main
> brazilian's portal: UOL.

I just looked at it. Looks nice, but I'm not able to check the contents, my spanish(?) isn't
that good :).

> We only use Debian here but talk about others also.
> Andre Souza (asouza@olinux.com.br) has made some single programs to
> detect video, sound, onboard modem, 3DFx cards, pnp modems.

Sounds cool. I'd like to check out, how you managed to do that. I will write Andre a mail, ans
see, if he can send me the stuff, he made.

>         We want to help in some manner, altought you are not developers... yet.

I'm also no developer... yet. What exactly is an developer, btw. The cool thing with linux is,
that everyone can contribute, and maybe, this is the part, where we can do :).

>         I maintain a debian-br homepage about Debian in Brazil
> (www.linuxsolutions.com.br/debian-br)
>         With udpkg, modular installer and hardware detection, Debian will be
> take the world. ;)

Yeah *g*.

>         Regards,                Paulo Henrique

What do you thing about the idea of an contributed program, that checks PC's automatically for
hardware, and sends the configuration back?

Regards,
    Daniel Migowski