Re: Video for Linux

Patrik Magnusson wrote:

> How do I get it to work?
>
> The helpfile tells me to edit the driver/Makefile and change
> the values of CARD and TUNER. As far as I can tell there are no
> Makefiles or .h-files containing either word.
>
> Do I need anything besides the kernel-source?
>
> Has anyone got it to work with a Zoltrix TV-Max?
>
> /Patrik Magnusson
>
> --

Basically, you need source for bttv since the card you mention uses the
BrookTree 848 driver.  Here is the URL for a bttv mini-howto (or go to
your favorite mirror):

http://metalab.unc.edu/pub/Linux/docs/HOWTO/mini/other-formats/html_single/BTTV-Mini-HOWTO-0.3.html

The documentation that comes with the 2.2.17 kernel source (and probably
others) says to ignore the bttv module in the kernel and compile it from
it's own source instead.  That's what I did when I was using that
kernel.  Now I'm using 2.4.0-test5 and I used the bttv and i2c modules
from the kernel source and it works great.  I don't have a Zoltrix,
though, I have an AverMedia.

Good luck.

--

Brian J. Stults