Mapping keys to console

Hi,
Can anyone help with this problem. I need to map keys to mean different
things depending on which console I am on. For example, I need to have
a menu screen on one session and an POS order taker on the other.

Each has to have keys setup to mean different things. So far it appears
that linux only supports a global change. If I map to one console it applies
to all sessions. I need them to act independently.

Does anyone have a solution or workaround for this? We are using
Debian Potato.

Thanks,
Dave A.