Re: Problem with potato

Dear

On Mon, Aug 14, 2000 at 08:46:41AM +0930, John Pearson wrote:

> >                         DEBUG:  Pages 0: Changed 0, Reapped 0, Empty 0,
> > New 0; Tup 0: Vac 0, Keep/VTL 0/0, Crash 0, UnUsed 0, MinLen 0, MaxLen 0;
> > Re-using: Free/Avail. Space 0/0; EndEmpty/Avail. Pages 0/0. Elapsed 0/0
> > sec.
> this is fixed by setting
> PGDEBUG=0
> (or, for that matter, PGDEBUG=anything).

Hmm, I found finally how to turn that off in potato as well. When I looked in the file /etc/postgresql/postmaster.init there were lines like:

# Debugging level at which the backend servers are to operate.
# 1: trace connection traffic only; >=2: turn on debugging in the backends
# giving more information according to the debug level. Debug logs are
# sent to $POSTGRES_LOG
# PGDEBUG=0

# Whether to echo queries to the debug log: yes/no
# PGECHO=no

Well those lines were commented, and I just had to uncomment them. I tought that was default. But it isn't.

Sincerely,
Marko Cehaja