Re: Wine Windows Emulator

--------------

In article <8n64pe$1gj$1@nnrp1.deja.com> you wrote:
> HardcoreLinux has a Howto on Wine:
> http://www.hardcorelinux.com/wine-howto.htm

Dear  Mr. RinkJustice
     You posted to the newsgroup. The Writer of this post would never have
seen your post.

Dear  Mr Keegan

Mr. RinkJustice tells us there is a corel howto. Also, the lates g/b zipped
wine can be found at the wine site.  There are instuctions for installing
(copying to the correct directories and seting up ld_library_path.
If you have a notion that you will be using your favorite windows
95 98 00 programs - forget it. I once compiled a simple command line
utility for decompression, it worked but not as it should've. Take a look
at the list of windows programs rated according to success in wine, it can be
found at the official wine site, you may find that you do not want to
install it afterall. Some say it's a porting tool not a  not_an_emulator.

Oh yeah, you're not s'posta say "emulator" because eventually some computer
ruffian is going to give you an e-thashing.