boot floppy

I did a 5 disk net install, then installed and compiled 2.2.16 kernel.
The net install was a 2.2.17 kernel, missing lots of stuff. I made a
boot floppy when I did the net install, now I wonder if that boot floppy
will work for the 2.2.16 kernel?
How do I make a new boot floppy? Is it done from compiling the kernel
with make zdisk or is there a command I can issue, that will make the
floppy?
thanks
--

"Make voyages, attempt them, there's nothing else."
                             --Tennessee Williams