Re: Potato IP Masq

Hi John,

  Sorry - I must of misread your earlier post the ipmasq rules are in
/etc/ipmasq/rules/. This directory the ruleset broken down into
individual files (by rule type) to help with the maintenance and
management of your firewalling rules (rather than one big script
where evrythings chucked together). A definite improvement I think.

By default there should be a whole lot of .def files which give you
an idea of how they work before tailoring them for your own
requirements (by creating .rul files which will replace the .def's if
they exist).

Note: the order in which the rule files are invoked is controlled by
the file prefix (i.e. A00.. is implemented before Z99...). I remember
going through some document when I changed over - I will email a link
when I dig it up ... ITMT - The references below may be of use also

HTH
Alan

*** from the IPMASQ HOWTO

The Linux IP Masquerade Resource is a website dedicated to Linux IP
Masquerade information also maintained by David Ranch and Ambrose Au.
It has the latest information related to IP Masquerade and may have
information that is not being included in the HOWTO.

You may find the Linux IP Masquerade Resource at the following
locations:

http://ipmasq.cjb.net/, Primary Site, redirected to
http://ipmasq.cjb.net/

http://ipmasq2.cjb.net/, Secondary Site, redirected to