Re: Applixware 5 on Debian slink, potato or woody?

In article <Pine.LNX.4.10.10008110734490.7839-100000@op.edasz.hu>,
   Pap Tibor <papt@edasz.hu> wrote:

> I'm using applixware 4 on a Debian Potato system. I have an old
> Pentium 100 with 64Mb RAM only. It looks fine, can read files coming
> from MS office, and very fast. It takes only few seconds to startup
> om my machine. So I don't know any good reason to upgrade it, or
> change it to another office suit.

The reason to upgrade is the fact that Applixware 4.4.1 is very buggy.
I had the chance to prepare a presentation with it last week and at
least the ApplixPresent part (or how it is called) is more than buggy!
I hope this is solved in Applixware 5.

I don't know of any other /good/ presentation software for GNU/Linux.
StarOffice is that slow, you can't use it, and GNOME hasn't one yet. I
know there's KPresent, but as I don't have any QT packages installed ...

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>

 VirusScan Message:  Windows 95 found:  Remove it? (Y/n)