[Fwd:returned mail unknown reason

   I'll try again to get through.  I hope this description is adequate
to get the assistance I need.

Thanks in advance, Ed
--- Begin Message ---
The original message was received at Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:50:12 -0700 (PDT)
from pm3-111.netgate.net [205.214.163.111]

<debian-user@lists-debian.org>

550 <debian-user@lists-debian.org>... Host unknown (Name server: lists-debian.org: host not found)
Reporting-MTA: dns; pop.netgate.net
Received-From-MTA: DNS; pm3-111.netgate.net
Arrival-Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:50:12 -0700 (PDT)

Final-Recipient: RFC822; debian-user@lists-debian.org
Action: failed
Remote-MTA: DNS; lists-debian.org
Last-Attempt-Date: Mon, 7 Aug 2000 18:50:15 -0700 (PDT)
--- Begin Message ---
       Being an absolute novice at this I didn't think to consider there
might be an etiquette
  to be considered.  I seem to be stumbling over my self.

       My situation is:
       I have a 486, W 3.x, with a 28.8 modem to communicate my
information.  I under-
 stand if I enrole in your message group I could get  100+ messages per
day.  That would
 overwhelm me and this system.  I wish to get another cripple operating
and that is the
 system I'm trying to load Linux on.  That system is an 89Mhz Pentium
with some W95
 as an operating system.  It does have some interesting components
installed.  So I was
going to get back to "Unix" on it if I could to see if I could get
myself up to par enough
so that I could do some interesting  video work with Linux.  Then, if a
yes, I would move
up to a real system, reinstall Linux and have a real life once again.

        The problem is the Debian version I tried loading wouldn't
recognize the disk drive(s).
The system has 2 SCSI disk drives, they are: Quantum 60108C2  -1Gb; and
Conner CFP 1060S - 1.05Gb and a Toshiba XM3501TA  CDROM, all connected
to an
Adaptec AHA2940/AHA2904W SCSI adapter card.  There is also an HP 27247
NIC to
play with when I grow up.
        I tried installing from the book but ran into a snag when the
path for the floppy boot
installer transciption file wasn't where it was supposed to be, or any
where else for that
matter.  So, Ethan helped me get past that only to find the system
wouldn't recognize the
disk.  I sent out my 1st call for help.  Then playing around I found I
could boot from the
CD; but, again I was up against the 'can't find the diskdrive'  deamon.
So I put out my
second call.  It was pointed out that I may have received a response;
but, since I wasn't
subscribed to your service I wasn't able to get the message.  Further
more I didn't ask
to be CC'ed in order to get the message so again nothing came across.

    So I ask please e-mail your response to <burke@netgate.net> (minus
the brackets).

Below is a part of the message I got on the initial install - if I can
get this attachment to
work .