Re: update-alternatives -- changing preferences

Dave> The easy way would be
Dave>
Dave> update-alternatives --config x-window-manager
Dave>
Dave> and select wmaker from the list to be your default.

Karsten> For those who are interested, the following script (run in
Karsten> /etc/alternatives) will list all manually configured
Karsten> alternative links:

Beware!  This does _not_ quite work as expected.  It will update the
'master' link but not the 'slave' links (e. g. I bet "man editor" on
your system will still display the nvi manpage).  This is just a bug
in update-alternatives IMHO, and I reported it as such after
discussing these issues on the list some months ago, and I enclosed an
ugly perl hack that serves as a temporary replacement for me.

--
Ian Zimmerman, Oakland, California, U.S.A.
In his own soul a man bears the source