Applixware 5 on Debian slink, potato or woody?

Hi all!

A friend of mine runs Applixware 4.4.1 on his Debian system (mixture of
potato and woody). But he says that it's quite buggy and looks
outdated. But otherwise it performs quite well. For the installation he
took the RPMs and alienated them to deb packages. Then he make a link
from /opt to /usr/local before installing them with dpkg.

Now I'd like to know whether anybody has experience with the later
Applixware 5 on Debian systems. Does it install without problems?

I know that it's against the Debian GNU philosophy, but if there's no
other application suite with the same features, then I think it's still
better than using PowerPoint (that soft of application is the one I'm
looking for at most) the other operating system.

TIA.

Greetings,

Stefan.

--
 Stefan Bellon * <mailto:sbellon@sbellon.de> * <http://www.sbellon.de/>

 I think the surest sign that intelligent life exists elsewhere in the
 universe is that none of it has tried to contact us. (Bill Watterson)