Re: [Q] Can Samba mount 'shared' (not 'served') Win drives ?

On Fri, Aug 04, 2000 at 09:58:43AM -0500, Kent West wrote:
> Dirk Eddelbuettel wrote:
> > Yes, as I wrote, that works fine for NT servers providing a share. I use
> > that with the corresponding entry in /etc/fstab so that I can simply say
> >         mount /mountpoint
> > and the rest happens automatically.
> >
> > I now would like to access the C:\ I declared as 'shared' on my desktop.  I
> > can't figure out what that would be. Whatever I try yields 'session request
> > to DESKTOP failed'.
> >
> > Any idea?
>
> You said you "would like to access the C:\ I declared as 'shared'
> on my desktop." By "desktop", do you mean your workstation

Yes.

> computer, or do you mean your Windows Desktop (shell program)? If

No, I mean C:\ as the main partition on the 'desktop' computer.

> the latter, you can't mean "C:\", yet the error message that you
> mention indicates the latter.
>
> So, what directory have you shared, "C:\" or
> "C:\WINNT\PROFILES\YOURUSERNAME\DESKTOP", and with what
> permissions?

Permissions are read-access for everyone.  Can I read those from Linux via
Samba?

Thanks, Dirk

--
According to the latest figures, 43% of all statistics are totally worthless.