Re: [Q] Can Samba mount 'shared' (not 'served') Win drives ?

At 11:44 on Aug 4, Dirk Eddelbuettel combined all the right letters to say:

> No, I mean C:\ as the main partition on the 'desktop' computer.

<snip>

> Permissions are read-access for everyone.  Can I read those from Linux via
> Samba?

What *have* you tried? If you do a `smbmount` (no args) it blah blahs
about mounting smbfs stuffs. At the bottom is the snippet that someone
posted earlier,

mount -t smbfs -o username=tridge,password=foobar //fjall/test /data/test

Right now, I have the e: drive of the windows box to my left mounted by

mount -t smbfs //crackbox/e /mnt/smb/crackbox/

If it were password protected by windows share, I'd do the same thing,
let it try to mount it, and then smbmount *asks* me for the password to
access the directory.

Obviously, I had to create the /mnt/smb/crackbox/ dir, but that's not
something out of the ordinary.

Do you get any sort of errors or anything? When I've had problems in the
past, I know errors were reported back (I can't remember what they were,
but I know they were there).

-nicole