Re: Cc: to poster (was Re: OT: less v. more...)

On 04 Aug 2000, Ben Pfaff <pfaffben@msu.edu> wrote:
> See, the thing is, I didn't start this thread of discussion and
> I'm not at all interested in a rehash of this topic.  And what's
> more, I already asked on debian-user to be dropped from CC:'s.

 ROTFL 8-))  Here you can see quite clearly that it's not a good idea to
Cc: one when replying. For my person I stated quite soon (after the
first mail I got that was Cc:ed to -user) that I don't read that special
list.

> So, if you'd just not email me any more about it, I'd greatly
> appreciate it.

 It would be a good idea to start with the things you request yourself.
I don't speak of my person, but that you Cc:ed Bolan who also wrote
quite often that he _is_ on -user and don't need to be Cc:ed.

 I think I will skip the comfort of noticing it on the list and send a
seperate mail to everyone that Cc:es me. This will destroy the
additional feature that other might read it and react appropriately but
on the other hand will stop such mega threads.

 Have fun!
Alfie
--
"Imagine if every Thursday your shoes exploded if you tied them the
usual way.  This happens to us all the time with computers, and nobody