Re: OT: less v. more & CCing

Ben Pfaff wrote:

> davidw@linuxcare.com (David N. Welton) writes:
>
> > Edward Betts <edward@debian.org> writes:
> >
> > > more offers backwards paging, it is in the man page I am suprised that you
> > > missed it.
> >
> > ps auxw | more
> >
> > How do you scroll backwards? b doesn't work.
>
> `more' supports backward paging only for files, not for pipes.

I've noticed this, and have been irritated enough by not being
able to back-up on man pages, which are from pipes, that
I've installed less.

On topics arisen from this discussion,
Gerfried Fuchs wrote:
> ...BTW, please refrain from sending to _both_ the list and me,
> I read the list. ...

One may assume that those whose names one sees often
are subuscribed, but how to be sure, generally?  I propose
a habit of including in the .sig a notice:
	I'm on this list
And removing it when not needed.  I think that will help
newcomers, as well as those who have the habit of
leaving the poster on the To/Cc: list.

In other news, in accordance with the OT in the Subject:, I'm
sending my reply to -user...
--
I'm on the list.

Bolan.Meek@wcom.com 972-729-5387
bolan@koyote.com (home ph. on Q) http://www.koyote.com/users/bolan
RE: xmailtool http://www.koyote.com/users/bolan/xmailtool/index.html
RMS of Borg: "Resistance is futile; you shall be freed."