Re: t-dsl

Nathan E Norman <nnorman@canaris.midco.net> writes:

> Well, first of all, you want to assign the user an address via DHCP,
> or else it's an administrative nightmare.

You can use Radius, LDAP-based solutions and surley much more. With
PPPoE there are even more possibilities to hack IP-addresses then
without PPP. I still don't see your point. And last but not least: Why
not using static IPs instead of dynamic IPs? Use static IPs and
everything is very simple to set up and very simple to secure. That's
why i say the dynamic IP combined with PPPoE is very braindead.

--
Until the next mail...,
Stefan.