Re: Adapted AHA1542 Problems.

On Thu, Aug 03, 2000 at 10:53:41AM -0400, Adam Scriven wrote:

> already, cut the size in half), and the module's available in Modconf, but
> I get a "Device or resource busy", and the installation fails.

i used to have the same problem.

> So, I tried to fix that with a boot parameter, "aha1542=0x130", but that
> doesn't seem to have done anything either.

each time i re-install windows on the box (every 6 months, tops), it fscks
the pnp info on every card, so i sometimes have to set my card on pnp or
manual config. when this happens, changing the io address fixes the "device
or resource busy" problem. if you can, you may want to try changing the card
io address and passing the new value to the module. not the nicest solution,
but has worked for me before.

hope that helps,

alberto.