Alpha install

I just went through the install for potato on an AlphaServer 400 4/166
system, and everything went fine, but when I reboot it does not take me into
the OS, I just get the SRM prompt again.

I try booting from the floppy again with

>>> boot dva0 -file linux -flag "root=/dev/sda2"

and it loads the kernel, gets just past mouting the root filesystem, then
kernel panics with..

Warning: unable to open an initial console
Kernal PanicL No init found. Try passing init= option to the kernel

but I have no idea what to do for this, can anyone help?

Also, when I try to run

>>> boot dka100

it complains about there not being a boot loader present..

Chad Dale
Software Developer
Versus Technologies Inc
(416) 214-7949