Re: current Redhat user evaluates Debian

On Mon, Jul 31, 2000 at 05:18:38PM +0200, Stefan Nobis wrote:

> What's the problem? All scripts goes in /etc/init.d and in /etc/rc?.d
> are Symlinks. This way it's also done by RedHat, but they do it in
> /etc/rc.d/init.d and /etc/rc.d/rc?.d (IIRC).

It's not a major problem, and certainly not a showstopper. I just indicated
one of my preferences regarding directory structure, that is, collect
directories that 'belong' together in a subdirectory.

--
email: john@fjellstad.org                   Quis custodiet ipsos custodes