Re: current Redhat user evaluates Debian

Quoth Peter Palfrader,
> If we're talking about MS Chap 80, then I can say that in fact it does
> work. I needed it one or two years ago. SuSE 5.3 did not have that
> support built in, but Debian had.

Truth be told, I didn't really try all that hard to get it working.

Rather than find a technical solution I found a social one: I convinced
the administrator of the NT box to allow non-encrypted dial-up
authentication. It works fine now.

Of course, such solutions are not available to everyone.

cheers,

damon

--
Damon Muller (dm-sig6@empire.net.au) /  It's not a sense of humor.
* Criminologist                     /  It's a sense of irony

- Running Debian GNU/Linux: Doing my bit for World Domination (tm) -