Re: current Redhat user evaluates Debian

On Sat, Jul 29, 2000 at 05:16:55PM -0700, John L. Fjellstad wrote:
> > 4. The organization of the file system in Debian is superior,
>
> I don't know, still getting used to it. What I really liked from
> RedHat is that they moved all the startup files into a subdirectory
> of /etc/rc.d.  Debian (at least 2.1) is using the Solaris style,
> i.e. /etc/rc?.d

like he said, Debian's filesystem organiazation is superior.
/etc/rc.d/* sucks.  i very much prefer the saved typing when starting
stopping services that debian has ie: /etc/init.d/foo stop instead of
the unnecessarily verbose /etc/rc.d/init.d/foo stop

--
Ethan Benson
http://www.alaska.net/~erbenson/