VNC Problem

I'm sharing 1 monitor between computers.  I installed the VNCserver package
on my debian box.  I've also installed VNC viewer on my windoze box.  I'm
getting a fatal server error when running the server.  Something about my
'font' path not being valid.  When the vncserver starts up, it looks for a
few fonts and evidently there's something wrong with my font path.  I don't
know how to edit this stuff so I'd greatly appreciate any help.....

thanks,
Jason