Re: can't login with kdm

make sure your not using any kde2 packages, i had a similar problem when i
tried to install kde2. if your not using kde2 then it sounds like a
misconfigured windowmanager, i'd start X from 'startx' (as root) and run
the kcontrol program(part of kdebase i believe) and check the
configuration of KDM  (via the 'login' settings)

nate