Re: Accton Cheetah PCI network card

On Wed, Jul 26, 2000 at 10:31:05AM +0200, J.T. Wenting wrote:
> Yah. I have an RTL8139 based card as well. I think the problem is in linux,
> not the card, as I have them also in several other systems (running
> Windows95 and Windows2000) and they work great there.

No, it's the card.  Reading the source for the driver reveals that the
hardware has a half-assed design ...

> The error I get is something related to the PCI bus, followed by an
> interrupt error on the card. I thought it might be my mainboard (it is an
> old machine) but now that others seem to have similar trouble I begin to
> suspect the driver again.

Having said the above, it's possible that the driver is FUBAR as well
:)

--
Nathan Norman         "Eschew Obfuscation"          Network Engineer
GPG Key ID 1024D/51F98BB7            http://home.midco.net/~nnorman/