from slink to potato -> 'wd' ethernet card?

Hi,

I'm thinking that it might be nice to upgrade for potato now when I've got
slink working more or less well.

My problem with installing directly potato did not work, because the wd
module needed for my old ethernet card did not work with the kernel.
It was pointed out by 'Nathan' on this list that the problem is with the
kernel.

But if I upgrade for potato by changing the apt sources for
'frozen', what would happen to my networking?
(All the network sevrvices seem to be working with slink, but potato I
didn't manage to install at all, because of that module...)

hvirtane@cc.jyu.fi