RE: unable to unmount

Title: RE: unable to unmount

Hi,
I'm just a bit confused about that stuff, too...
I suppose your nfsd daemon is not considering access to your cdrom device until there is a nfs request to mount it. You could issue an "lsof" command on your nfs daemon before and after a nfs mount request on it, and a while then, to compare.

With the exportfs trick, I only suggest you force the nfs daemon to release any access it _could_ have on the cdrom device.

HTH
Thierry

Hi,

I have just one more question. This problem wouldnt happen if I just
mount the cdrom on the server, use it locally and after sometime
I can unmount it. Then also nfsd should be accessing it as /cdrom
is there in my exports list and preventing me from umounting?

I am confused... Could you clarify,

Suresh

On Fri, Jul 14, 2000 at 01:55:49PM +0200, Michalowski Thierry wrote:
> Your problem is that you exported the CDROM with nfsd, and thus nfsd is
> still accessing it, even if nobody accesses your machine through nfs.
> Just comment the line which exports your CDROM in /etc/exports, then issue
> "exportfs -ua", then "exportfs -a" .
> This should unexport your CDROM, and allow you to unmount it, locally.
>
> HTH
> Thierry

Suresh
Suresh Kumar.R,                               Email: suresh@mycampus.com
Dept of Electronics & Communication
College of Engineering, Trivandrum - 695 016, INDIA
Phone: (O) 91 471 414634/418379, (R) 91 471 443496