Re: begone ctrlaltdel!

On Sun, Jul 09, 2000 at 01:35:12PM -0800, Ethan Benson wrote:

> (if you want to see something interesting though try this: fakeroot
> /sbin/shutdown -r now)

The hard drive spun, a beep was emitted, and the process ground to a
stunning halt. I am deciphering the error messages now. <g> All kidding
aside, that is an educational exercise in the present context.

> it is also debian policy that all binaries have 0755 permissions when
> non-suid for the above reason, and suid binaries must have world read
> permission at a minimum (no 4111 or 4711 type permissions) again for
> the same reason, anyone can get and read the file out of a .deb.

Thanks. Much light shed. This list is the *best*.

--
Bob Bernstein          | No country with a McDonald's outlet has
at                     | ever gone to war with another.