Re: Potato .deb pkg install of apache/php/mod_perl/postgresql or mysql

Thanks.  Your post built confidence so I waded in today.

I got apache, php4 and postgresql limping along together,
now working on mod_perl.  I bear in mind what you said about php4,
but it was already installed so I just used it for today's trial.

It was easy for the first three:

apt-get install apache php4 php4-pgsql postgresql (maybe a few of these)

Potato /etc/mime.types comes php-ready:
application/x-httpd-php             phtml pht php
etc.

/etc/apache/httpd.conf needed just this:
LoadModule php4_module /usr/lib/apache/1.3/libphp4.so

/etc//php4/apache/php.ini needed just this:
extension=pgsql.so

Gordon