Re: Potato .deb pkg install of apache/php/mod_perl/postgresql or mysql

I have just completed an install based on MySQL, Apache and PHP3. This was
all done using apt-get install (I'm using woody though, on a 2.2.15
kernel).

If you pursue this direction, feel free to email me directly if you need
some hints or tips. Only thing I can think of to say at the moment is get
MySQL and Apache working, then do PHP last. This can all be done using
apt-get install (mysql-server, mysql-client, apache, php3,
php3-mysql) and whatever else it grabs :)

There should then be an extension=mysql.so line in the php3.ini file, and
a LoadModule line relating to mysql in the apache httpd.conf file. There
isnt much more to this setup - assuming you've set up apache right in the
first place. The config files for apache (httpd.conf, srm.conf) are
pretty well documented.

You could certainly do Apache first, get that working, then do MySQL and
finally tie the two with PHPx without too much complexity.

Mod_Perl i cant comment on. Oh, and this above detail should be pretty
right with potato too. And I'd prolly recommend you stay away from PHP4
for now, from what ive heard its not quite "there" yet.

Cheers,
 Corey Popelier
 http://members.dingoblue.net.au/~pancreas
 Work Email: copo@commerce.wa.gov.au