Re: Building KDE2 from CVS

On Fri, Jul 07, 2000 at 10:01:08PM -0400, Bart Szyszka wrote:

> I'm having trouble finding some simple, step-by-step instruction on building
> KDE2 from CVS.

It is occasionally non-trivial, depending on the state of the code at the
moment of your cvs update. Try:

http://www.kde.org/compilationfaq.html

and

http://www.kde.org/install-source.html

The common problems are: not having the right QT library, and not compiling
in the proper order. Remember, it is very much a beta thing right now.

I recommend getting on a KDE list, and getting to know the list archives.
Typically kde-devel will have answers to build questions, although that list
is nominally for development issues. The kde-devel archives are FULL of info
on how to build the thing. Good luck!

--
Bob Bernstein          | If you don't understand how things are
at                     | connected, the cause of problems is