Re: exim question

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 09:11:37PM +0200, Ron Rademaker wrote
> How can I use multiple domains with exim, eg both the domains domain.com
> and otherdomain.com run on a machine and I want this:
>
> info@domain.com to user foo
> info@otherdomain.com to user bar
> anything@domain.com to user hello
> anything@otherdomain.com to user bar

Here's how I do it.
The virtual hosts (www.mydomain.com, mail.mydomain.com)
all have 'A' records pointing to my mail/web server;
CNAME records don't work as well, because stupid mail
programs/systems put the CNAME host in the envelope.

My exim.conf contains (all single lines, however your mail client displays
them):

Main section:

local_domains = localhost:my.net.au:*.my.net.au:partial3-lsearch;/etc/exim/clients/domains

Directors:
A new director, to handle the virtual hosts:

virtual:
  driver = aliasfile
  except_domains = localhost:my.met.au:*.my.net.au
  domains = partial3-lsearch;/etc/exim/clients/domains
  no_more
  file = /etc/exim/clients/$domain_data
  search_type = lsearch*

All other directors have a line like

  domains = localhost:my.net.au:*.my.net.au

so that they aren't applied to the virtual hosts.

/etc/exim/clients/domains contains lines like

*.mydomain.com.au: mydomain

The second field is just an identifier, and for each
identifier there is another file, e.g., /etc/exim/clients/mydomain,
which works like a regular alias file, e.g.:

*: myclient@my.net.au

This setup is for virtual domains with three parts in their
domain name (e.g., *.mydomain.com.au); minor adjustment is
required if you use "American" style domains (e.g.,
*.somewhere.com), and you can mix them easily enough (with a
longer local_domains line and a further director).

HTH,

John P.
--
huiac@camtech.net.au