Re: woody man segfaults when run as root

On Tuesday, 04 July 2000 at 20:21, Brendan Cully wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I noticed that my up-to-date woody system (plus helixcode) has a man
> which segfaults when run as root, but works perfectly as an ordinary
> user. Anyone else seen this?
>
> man-db 2.3.17-1
> libc6 2.1.3-10
> libdb2 2.7.7-2

to follow up on my own post - the problem was in /etc/nsswitch.conf.
Apparently passwd and group need to be set to "compat". I had "db
files", presumably hanging about from before I debianised my system.

anyone know what is going on here, though?

Thanks,
Brendan

--
was ist los? bist du krank?