Image copy of a floppy, how?

I created a boot floppy during my kernel upgrade, but I would like to
create another copy-backup in case a problem occurs with my only boot
floppy. I am not sure how to do it, I read that:

%%%%%%%%
5.5.4.1 Writing Disk Images From a Linux or Unix System
To write the floppy disk image files to the floppy disks, you will
probably need root access to the system. Place a good, blank
floppy in the floppy drive. Next, use the command

     dd if=file of=/dev/fd0 bs=512 conv=sync ; sync

But is not enough yet, since it is not clear how I put the contents of
the boot floppy into "file".
Thanks in advance,
Antonio.