how to enable 'quake mouse'?

Hi,

I've successfully compiled quakeforge-0.1.1 it work nice with GLX support
with my Asus TNT2 card. But I've a problem with the mouse. Trying to
run 'qw-client-gl' after startx in a xterm window I see the mouse pointer
so I can't use mouse to play quake. I can use only the keyboard to control
the warrior. How coul'd I use the mouse to play Quake?

Is it possible to change the gamma? The screen is very dark..

Thanks for any help
 Attila

- Mail: acsosz@mail.datanet.hu; Debian 2.2 Linux  / 2.2.13 / qmail   -
- Get my PGP key: gpg --keyserver keys.pgp.com --recv-key 0x2cc33acb -