Re: Upgrade advice

On Wed, Jul 05, 2000 at 11:18:56AM -0000, Guðmundur Erlingsson wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I've put slink on my laptop and it's been sweet so far. I'd like to upgrade
> it to a newer version, with newer kernel, but I'm not sure which is best.
> Should I go for frozen or would Woody be safe? The thing is, I'd like to try
> out Helix Gnome, and have to have Woody installed to be able to do that, but
> I don't think it would be worth the hazzle if the unstable version of Debian
> is, well, too unstable. What do y'all think?
>
> regards,
>
> Guðmundur

Hi Guðmundur

 Thank god for cut'n paste, I wouldn't know how to write your name else!

Well, I would recommend Potato, and then add:

deb http://spidermonkey.helixcode.com/distributions/debian unstable main

to /etc/apt/sources.list, and voila, you have Potato with Helix-GNOME.
I've used it for a month now, and it's no problem at all!

Don't worry about using unstable stuff on Potato, it works allright.

Regards
		Morten

--
Morten Liebach <morten@hotpost.dk> ; http://home1.stofanet.dk/liebach
"Our scientific power has outrun our spiritual power. We have guided