Re: Helix Gnome vs Debian Gnome -- worth the upgrade?

On Tue, Jul 04, 2000 at 08:35:36PM -0400, Edwin Lau wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> 	I am using the unstable debian release.  Having read the news
> 	group for a while, I noticed that a lot of people like the Helix
> 	Gnome stuff.  My question is if I upgrade to Helix Gnome now
> 	rather than to wait for the new Debian Gnome to come out, would
> 	that introduce problems in upgrading later on?  coz I saw that
> 	the version number used by Helix is a bit different from Debian.
> 	Would that be a problem for next upgrade?
>
> Edwin Lau

So far, the dependency checking of the debs seems to do the right thing.
Beware, the task-helix-gnome want to give you everything and the kitchen
sink.  The 100+ themes for gtk and sawfish can really eat up bandwidth
and harddrive space. All in all, it's a nice "professional" packaging of
GNOME goodies with a little candy that's not in the Debian packaging.

--
#! /bin/sh
echo 'Linux Must Die!' | wall