SCWM/GNOME

hi all

i'm switching window managers from enlightenment to scwm (it's about
time i learn lisp).  i'm using gdm as my display manager, which -
correct me if i'm wrong - simply runs gdmchooser, gdmlogin, and
gnome-session or Xsession depending on which session i choose.
(gnome-session is called by the script /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome)

what i would like to know:
  1) how do i make scwm my default window manager?
     in /etc/gnome/default.wm if have made WM=scwm, but everytime i
     login in X i keep getting x-window-manager which is fvwm.

  2) can i continue to use /etc/gdm/Sessions/Gnome or do i have to
     switch to Xsession?

  3) anybody know how well gnome works with scwm?

--
"As a general rule, if you have trouble
 with the binary system, then probably it