DHCPCD Errors

I ahve downloaded and installed the DEB package for
the DHCP client, as per according to the howto.  The
howto isn't very helpful as it states "It should fill
all the information in automaticly".

However when I reboot I get empty IP Addreses (as if
it looked and didnt' find anything), and when i run
the dhcpcd client manually I get the following error:

date: /etc/dhcpc/dhcpcd=eth0.info: no such file or
directory
/etc/init.d/dhcpcd: let: New_time=962567066-: syntax
error: operand expected (error token is "-"
The file has been updated about  sec(s) ago
/etc/init.d/dhcpcd: [: : integer expression expected
Sorry the dhcpcd-eth0.info file has not been updated!

I can't locate this dhcpcd-eth0.info file anywhere,
nor do I find mention of it on newsgroups/howtos.
Anyone gotadvice on this?:) thanks

Jon
wishing @home stuck with a static ip sometimes...

=====