Re: Offtopic: html gurus ... is <br /> valid ?

Mike Brownlow wrote:

> > Then I have a simple question to you: How do you use Javascript and
> > CSS?  Do you use an external file or do you embed it into the XHTML?  If
> > the latter, do you do so with a good old fashioned comment, or without,
> > or with <![[CDATA ... or how?

> How do *I* use it? Well, at wsmake.org I'm using comments some places,
> external other places, I haven't had time to clean it all up. I would
> use external scripts mostly for new projects I'd imagine. Per C.4.
>
> http://www.w3.org/TR/xhtml1/

Yep, that's what I was referring to.  They argue to use external style
sheets, because XML comments may be removed (which no web browser does)
and because older browsers could spit up on the <![[CDATA statement, but
I find it very annoying to have an external style sheet for every file,
if they differ in small ways.

Still looking for the "right" sollution.
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:         mailto:rosenfel@gmx.de