Xemacs's delete key (was: email program for newbie)

On Wed, Jun 21, 2000 at 12:39:10AM +0200, Stephan Engelke wrote:

> As a matter of fact, I use XEmacs for editing and mailing on
> console screen, too.

How do you get XEmacs's delete and backspace keys to behave similarly
under X and the console screen?  I have stopped using XEmacs because
when I get the delete key to delete forwards and backspace bakwards
under X, the backspace key worked the other way round  in the console?

Johann

--
J.H. Spies, Hugenotestraat 29, Posbus 80, Franschhoek, 7690, South Africa
Tel/Faks 021-876-2337 Sel/Cell 082 898 1528(Johann) 082 255 2388(Hester)