Re: Netscape using exim/fetchmail?

I have found out that I can point Netscape to /var/spool/mail/$USER by
setting the file type of the Incoming Mail server to "Movemail"
instead of POP3 (I use xemacs-21.1.10's movemail). So I can indeed use
fetchmail without having to set up a POP3 server myself.

Can I do alike for the Outgoing Mail server for the use with exim? How
does e.g. GNUs spool to exim and can I adopt this for Netscape?