Re: SSH again!

Hi all,

  Thanks for all the replies.  I believed that I got it to
  work somehow.  Need to redo the steps again to make sure.

  Still, do not quite understand how all this work:

    1.  Can one steal/copy the *.pub keys and use it to logon?
    2.  It seemed to me that if I do not remember/supply the
        correct passphrase when run ssh, it would still
        allow me to log on using the regular account/password.
    3.  Even if I do not have the *.pub keys and I could still
        log on the server via the regular login/password!

  I thought that if not public key were given to the client,
  the client shall not be able to log on regardless whether
  the client has or does not have the regular login/password.
  Otherwise, what is the point of having the key or not having
  the key?

  Last, how do I generate the key from a windows/nt machine?
  I'm trying to login from an windows / nt as well.  Thanks!