Probs with fb in the kernel and xserver

I have here a 2.3.99 pre9 kernel compiled with fb, am using
it for console. So far it was no problem then to use
something like xserver-mach64 (I have an AGP Mach IIc card
in here). Now all I get is a bad screen resolution, it is
all flickering like *** and if I run XF86Setup and say I do
not want to use the existing config as default, the screen
is unreadable, too (guess it should be xserver-vga16).

Any ideas? Any hints?

Thanks,
Alexander

--
Hit any user to continue.
Alexander Koch - <>< - WWJD - aka Efraim - PGP 0xE7694969 - ARGH-RIPE