Re: (xterm or rxvt) and VIM

"t.bedlam" wrote:

> Is this a KDE problem? Does KDE use termcap and not terminfo? Termcap very
> likely does not support color; a termcap.gz is in /usr/share/doc, but Debian
> doesn't use it; it's just there for reference.  My xterm/rxvt work great,
> 2.1 and 2.2. I'm composing this mail in vim 5.6 under xterm 3.3.6-7 and the
> highlighting works fine. In HTML the links are underlined, yadda yadda.

Nope, the xterm works fine here to, it's just that VIM won't do color
highlighting, when it's term variable is xterm.  However, setting it to
xterm-debian, as somebody else suggested, works perfectly.  I get colors
and the xterm-specific options in VIM (mouse, title, etc.).

> The GVim buttons aren't pretty, but most of GVim looks like Vim anyway, so
> you won't know the difference. GVim also has has great X support. Especially
> when you specify in ~/.gvimrc :
>
> if version >= 500
>   syntax on
>   endif
>
> set guifont=10x20
> hi Normal guibg=black guifg=grey

Ah, that works perfectly!  I also read that you can get rid of those
menu buttons by setting some options.

Can you give me some examples of valid guifonts?  Or can you tell me,
where I have to look for them?

MfG Viktor
--
Viktor Rosenfeld