(xterm or rxvt) and VIM

Hi folks,

I've been reading into the VIM online help a lot lately and I am truly
impressed what this editor can do for me.  And to include the obligatory
flame bait: I'll never touch Emacs again -- which is, of course,
nonsense.

Anyway, while the online help is really great it leaves me with a
problem: I use VIM in a KDE konsole window which sets TERM to xterm.
However, in Debian the termcap entry for xterm doesn't support colors.
So in order to get true color highlighting in VIM (which KDE's konsole
supports) I use the hack outlined in /usr/doc/vim-rt/examples/color,
which fouls VIM into thinking that it's running on a rxvt.

While this gives me color highlighting, it disables such useful VIM
features as 'title' or 'titlestring', because these only work in the GUI
[1] or under a xterm.

So my idea would be changing the xterm entry in the termcap file,
because my xterm does support colors.

And now, to end this already-too-long e-mail: Is this a good idea?  And,
if so, how can it be done?  Or, do I have other options?

TIA, Viktor

[1] I do not use the GUI, because a) I don't need the menus, b) the
color highlighting for a dark background is much better than for a light
background, and c) the Athena widget set just looks painfully pathetic
-- at least to my eyes.
--
Viktor Rosenfeld
E-Mail:		mailto:rosenfel@informatik.hu-berlin.de